Thursday, December 02, 2004

Traction Control

There are many things in this world that cause me to laugh uncontrollably but watching my beloved dog Jake adjust to the new flooring is now ranks right up there in the top 10 for me.

I walked into the house today at lunch just in time to witness a furry blur slide right by me and slam into the wall emitting a shrill “yipe.” Jake then attempted to shake off the embarrassment of his nose first collision with the wall. Unfortunately, the shaking process created further velocity and momentum that he obviously wasn’t expecting. This resulted in a nicely executed but poorly landed half gainer with a twist. Another scrabbley attempt to get up on all fours resulted in splayed legs each pointed in a different direction and then another nose first encounter with the floor.

At this point I intervened I helped him up to a shaky standing position. He just stood there, tail down, ears back and glared at me. Then he cautiously turned and walked gingerly out of the room with a click, click, slip, click, click, slip, slip.

Jake is just fine. He enjoyed a few more lunchtime treats than usual & a couple of reassuring neck scratches and head pats from me once we reached the safety of the linoleum. I am hoping that he learned enough about traction control today to prevent any future ass over teakettle experiences involving the laminate flooring.

It was pretty funny though.
Heeheehee, whew…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada
this site listed on
blogwise
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
My Ecosystem Details