Monday, February 14, 2005

The Core Plan

Remember my New Years resolution to lose weight? Well here’s an update.

Weight Watchers: the Points Plan just did not work for me. Turns out that it was way too much of a hassle for me to track every bloody thing I ate and then look up the assigned point value for that item and then calculate the total daily points to see if I was within my allotted pointage for the day. So, I have decided to just stick with the other Weight Watchers plan – it’s called the Core Plan. As interpreted by me, the Core Plan is outlined below:

1. Have as many vegetables as you want! No really, AS MANY as you want - here have a carrot.
2. Put the Doritos DOWN! Now WALK AWAY from the Doritos!
3. WHOA! Seriously, you call that a portion? HAHAHAHA - Whew… No I don’t think so… Cut that in half and then divide by 2 and THAT will be your portion missy.
4. HELLO? What do you mean you don’t know what tofu is? No it’s not gross at all. Why don’t you try some with this carrot?
5. My you seem grumpy today… Gagged on the tofu did you? Here, have a carrot.
6. Your daily water intake should be 8-10 glasses per day, so that means you need to increase your water intake by about 8-10 glasses. No, ice cubes don’t count.
7. You may not really enjoy this plan in the beginning, we call this the detox phase – but you’ll get past it and in the mean time you can simply enjoy having very regular bowl movements.
8. Oh, couple of minor details: there will be no booze, you should cut back on the coffee intake to no more than 1 cup a day, and if it tastes good you probably can't have it.
9. And yeah, you should really get off your ass and dust off the treadmill about 3-5 times a week. And by the looks of things, *ahem, lifting weights a few times a week would probably also be a good idea…
10. Hey fatty, stop your whining! Here have a carrot.

So that is what I have been doing lately. I also have been working out. I ran 3km today and then did biceps and chest. I expect that I won’t be able to lift anything heavier than a carrot tomorrow.

20 Comments:

Blogger DrinkJack said...

At least the weather is being semi-nice for some outside time.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Lexagirl said...

DMJ - if you could bottle that positive outlook on life, you would make a killing on ebay.

9:06 PM  
Blogger FreedomGirl said...

What an honor! Thanks! Back atcha!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I think the best way to ensure that your weight-loss/exercise goals remain intact is consistency: at this day, at this time, you do this kind of exercise. You write it down. If you can manage to make it intact through the first three weeks, bam, it's a habit and it's now part of your lifestyle. You plan the work, then work the plan. (Easier said than done, I know, but...)

11:30 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I think the best way to ensure that your weight-loss/exercise goals remain intact is consistency: at this day, at this time, you do this kind of exercise. You write it down. If you can manage to make it intact through the first three weeks, bam, it's a habit and it's now part of your lifestyle. You plan the work, then work the plan. (Easier said than done, I know, but...)

11:31 PM  
Blogger deanne said...

Well, I always figure as long as I exercise (and not a half-assed effort at it, like I'd LIKE to do) then I can eat whatever I want! I hate depriving myself of foooood.

2:53 AM  
Blogger AnonymousCoworker said...

I put up a post on dieting here.

10:50 AM  
Blogger La Chat Noir said...

Good luck with the carrots, Lex... keep us posted.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Ian-Ivy du Bois said...

ohhh dear...
stop suffering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANYWAY... I HAATE CARROTS

6:30 PM  
Blogger Lexagirl said...

You guys are all so encouraging - thanks! I am really boosting the exercise regime at the moment and trying to follow the core plan guidelines as best I can. I hope to see some results soon - and when I do I will definitely be posting progress pictures. Yay!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Texas Biscuit said...

lots of veggies.
lots of water.
lots of exercise.
sounds like a healthy plan. what does the core say about carbs or fat or calories? i'm with you - all that counting is for the birds!

11:54 PM  
Blogger AL said...

Damn those carrots

4:50 PM  
Anonymous honestyrain said...

you need to put that plan in a book, sell that book, make yer millions. it verges on common goddamn sense and you know the world needs a refresher in that subject.

you can do it so do it. it's a hassle but it's doable.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Ok, I think I'll stick to the donuts. I told them at work that I'm just workin' on buildin' a better butt!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Angry Orange said...

Hey Lexa,

Too bad about the booze thing - my cousin just gave me about 100 bucks worth of wine and some of it is that sparkly stuff you like so much... oh well... another time I guess.

Here have a carrot.

Orangie

12:04 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

I love this plan. Oh wait, did you say no booze? Does that mean wine and martinis? No, they do nto count, correct?

Good luck. It sounds like a very good plan...well, except for that booze and did you say cut back on coffee........

12:36 PM  
Blogger La Chat Noir said...

Lexa?

Where art thou?

We could use a carrot...

12:19 PM  
Blogger FreedomGirl said...

Hello!!?? Ello!? Llo.? lo? o?
Are you there? Ere? ere? e?

12:48 PM  
Anonymous honestyrain said...

hulllooooooo? have you forgotten about us? your loyal following? or have you expired from eating too many carrots and not enough carrot CAKE?

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found you today- I laughed so hard I had tears running down my cheeks- you are hilarious. Thanks for the day maker
kate

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada
this site listed on
blogwise
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
My Ecosystem Details