Saturday, February 26, 2005

I’m so busy I’m standing still

I took a break on posting – which is probably a good thing because the posts would have simply been incoherent ramblings. This month has been just crazy - like irritable bowl syndrome crazy.

I also missed reading my favorite blogs and will definitely spend some time today catching up with what you all have been doing for the past week. I took a peek at what some have been up to already and I see I have to update another one of my links. A slew of people way cooler than me - well maybe not WAY cooler - but definitely slightly more - have been migrating to dot com land or doing neat stuff to their existing templates. Sigh... I'm SO jealous - but all of your sites look extremely nice and when I have the time to learn how to - ah, who am I kidding... Nevermind.

You see, Jack had been away working for 5 weeks straight – that bastard – okay he was hard at work providing for his family, putting food on the table and more importantly contributing significantly to my “I REALLY need a new car” fund. But, after week number three of being alone with my children, I did start to hate him a bit. Add to that four birthday parties and a sleepover for Emma. Matthew with the flu then baby measles (puke everywhere), countless loads of laundry and then a trip to vet for dimwitted Shlabby dog (who is now barking in falsetto) to get neutered.

Oh right - and my job (which I do really enjoy) but it has also been a bit hectic as of late. I gave spectacular presentation at a workshop at the beginning of the month. Okay so there may have been a few Power Point slides involved BUT nobody actually fell asleep – so basically it went pretty well. I also took a 2-day seminar course on Leadership & Communication skills - learned about 'active listening' and some other stuff yadda, yadda, yadda… Then the days became a mad blur spent playing catch up in office for the above activities. Oh my GOD the EMAILS…. I didn’t realize how many emails could be amassed during a 2-day absence from the office.

Then there is the course I am taking. One of the very cool perks about working at a progressive postsecondary institution is that we (the employees) can take the courses for FREE. That’s right FREE UNIVERSITY COURSES! Being that I am still paying student loans from my previous university endeavor NINE years ago, what could be better than free university? But somewhere in all the ‘Woohoo it’s free!’ excitement, I keep forgetting that in my previous university endeavor I did not have the 2 kids and the full time job… Result: I enroll in courses that are fabulous and incredibly interesting and then I am too busy or tired to work on them for a LONG TIME then I realize by way of a panic attack at 3:00am that I have a paper due and that should really just give up sleeping all together for the next week.

So, this weekend all I that have planned: to play with the kids, to run my dogs, and to relaxabitgoddamit. Well actually I have to do some laundry as I had to hunt for a clean pair of socks for Matthew this morning. And - I do really need to get groceries because I did also have to get a bit creative when packing Emma’s lunch yesterday. This is scary because at 7:00am and the house empty of standard lunchable type items there was a real possibility that the child could have ended up with a can of tuna, a few saltine crackers and a juice box in her Hillary Duff lunch kit.

BUT - I sure as hell am NOT vacuuming squat or cleaning any toilet bowl today! (Unless things get really gross - but rest assured that I will do a half-assed job that is for darn sure...)

13 Comments:

Blogger darth said...

argh..there is nothing more frightening than checking email after being out of the office more than a day or two...i usually just delete stuff without even reading..if its important, they'll re-send it, right??? or..something.

not sure what is up with the birthdays, either-darth jr. has been going to one every week seems like since the middle of january..

anyways, welcome back, and get blogging :D

4:46 PM  
Anonymous tommy said...

welcome back. you were missed.

and thank god they won't let us have email at work. they even block the yahoo stuff so we can't check email no matter what.

6:52 PM  
Blogger DrinkJack said...

Take those shoes off, sit back and relax. Definitely play like a kid with your kids.

8:04 PM  
Blogger FreedomGirl said...

After reading your post, NOW I'M TIRED! Thanks. Glad you're back!

12:24 PM  
Blogger AnonymousCoworker said...

Take a break from us. Really. The blogs will be here when you get back.

8:50 AM  
Blogger blackdaisies said...

wow ... there is not enough coffee in the world to combat that .. hang in there!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Texas Biscuit said...

Oh girrrrrl, we are SO on the same 3am-freak-out-panic-attack-huge-paper-due-schedule. I can't imagine school, work, and kids, oh! and an out of town husband. Bless your heart. At least Spring Break is just around the corner!

1:14 PM  
Blogger chemgoddess said...

so glad you are back - I always enjoy your blogging quips. Have a good toooosday.

1:40 AM  
Blogger La Chat Noir said...

I know what you mean, Lexa. I've been lax in my posting too.

Stupid real life obligations!

And don't you dare touch that toilet this weekend!

7:41 AM  
Anonymous honestyrain said...

still on break i see. hope you are well!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Serra said...

I've had a worse blogging problem--posting things there so people could see stuff on a group buy I'm doing. Dull as dirt to the average blogger, but necessary for the folks it was posted for.

I did get a giggly one in yesterday tho.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Car Loans Home said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a lowest car loan rate
site/blog. It pretty much covers lowest car loan rate
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:39 AM  
Anonymous joel said...

Be Aware, you may become totally overwhelmed when you get the results of the special education testing on your child.
Link to this site: single father parenting
http://www.parenting-faq.info/

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada
this site listed on
blogwise
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
My Ecosystem Details