Sunday, March 06, 2005

Fatty Family Face-Off

My family is doing a weight loss challenge together.

The parameters have been set. We have all weighed in, measured inches and assessed our individual body mass indexes. Time frame is starting today until July 6th. The person to lose the most weight/ inches/ BMI fat % will be crowned the winner.

And naturally, to make things a little more interesting we have each wagered $100.

Sometimes I now get asked (well mainly by Jack): "So is that going to end up on your blog?" My answer: "Well yeah it might - but you still love me right?"

This time, (suprisingly) those involved in this family experience have stated that they don't care if I write about this on my blog. Apparently this experience is to be a positive family venture towards a higher state of health and happiness (and yeah, so maybe a few hundred bucks also gets exchanged - whatever.) BUT, being that we were all somewhat horrified and reluctant to share measurement results amongst ourselves - well, I don't know about them, but I myself am not quite ready to make the exact degree of my chubbiness public. (Denial? I know, bite me Dr. Phil.) Also, these are the people that babysit my children for me - so ultimately, I don't care what they say, it would be just plain stupid to write about their weight.

I will however describe MY personal weight situation as follows:

My current weight: Gee, you don't look like you weigh THAT much.
My goal weight: I can't believe you've had TWO children - you look frigging AWESOME!

So bear with me because I will be writing about my progress during the weeks ahead as well as my fitness level which I hope drastically improves. Overall, I hope to lose 25-30 lbs. My goal for this week is 5 lbs let's see if I can pull that off. I have decided to basically just stick to the Weight Watchers core plan - but this time without the *ahem ice cream and lime margaritas... and of course to exercise daily.

Wish me luck & please feel free to cheer me on or to suggest how I should spend my winnings!

Oh, this is SO ON!!

12 Comments:

Blogger darth said...

wow..how much is the total winnings? i would use the money for a weekend to a place with a nice swimming pool or beach..to you know..flaunt your losses :D


best of luck..go get em, lexagirl!!!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Lexagirl said...

Thanks Darth
The pot is currently at $400
I am leaning towards being pampered and massaged at a day spa with the winnings...

2:49 PM  
Blogger Texas Biscuit said...

Wow, $400 would be a great motivator for me! Best of luck and welcome back, you were missed! :)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Good luck! I think the best thing to do is visualize: before you work out, picture yourself feeling great, doing great; as you work out, imagine what that money will buy. Visualization works wonders. As does delayed gratification. Oh, and just focus on each day, each workout, without worrying TOO much about the whole. And I'll shut up now and simply wish you good luck once more...

5:49 PM  
Blogger DrinkJack said...

I hate to admit it, but the whole "cutting out on carbs" really does work. But, I love pasta and bread, so it was tough and it is also why I am not on that program anymore. Exercise and modest portions is the key. Keep busy so that you do not snack. Enjoy life and do not make it a "chore" to exercise and eat healthier. I know...blah blah blah.

I would totally do the spa thing with the winnings!

8:58 PM  
Blogger deanne said...

You know, I'd probably be boring and just renew my gym membership.

Lame eh?!

10:13 AM  
Blogger blackdaisies said...

woo hoo you go girl! With a day at the spa at the end of the tunnel, you can't possibly lose anything but weight ;-)

carb subsitute that I find satisfies is the brown rice pasta - its a gooder And you can gouge away on it with no worries :)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Pink Lemonade Diva said...

Good for you, and the added pressure of beating family members will keep you at it! I can't say enough about walking too as a form of exercise. Good luck, lexa!

4:43 PM  
Blogger chemgoddess said...

You are the woman with a capital "W"! Kick everyone's butt and then enjoy the spa... An excellent reward.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

Just thought i would say hi from Japan. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles of california healthnet health insurance quote
for my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on california healthnet health insurance quote
. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

5:58 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

This is an interesting blog ! I'm bookmarkarkimg you and will re-visit :o)

I also have a filter spa site. It pretty much covers
filter spa related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada
this site listed on
blogwise
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
My Ecosystem Details